Do you manage Hispanic employees? Are you benefiting from their full potential? Would you like to save time and money on retraining by increasing your employee retention rates? The solution is simple: better communication.
You don't have to be bilingual to learn how to communicate effectively with your Spanish-speaking employees! In this course you will learn (1) strategic ways to instruct your staff in Spanish and (2) culturally appropriate ways to motivate your employees.
Learning simple key phrases will empower supervisors to communicate in a culturally-appropriate way to…
- direct the duties of your Spanish-speaking housekeeping staff
- avoid unsafe practices
This program incorporates cross-cultural training to help…
- improve relations
- cultivate loyalty
- reduce costly employee turnover
A certificate of completion serves as evidence of your training to prove to your employer that you care about your job enough to want to advance your professional development.
- The Strategic Spanish program was developed to incorporate a full range of learning styles. Video and audio materials cater to visual and audial learners. For those who “learn by doing,” audio practice and quizzes make the program hands-on, interactive and entertaining.
- Language training short-cuts get you started quickly in instructing your Spanish-speaking staff in their duties. User-friendly strategies help you quickly learn pronunciation and key expressions to maintain productivity and safety.
- Score 70% or higher on a qualifying test to earn your personalized certificate of completion and present it to your employer or post it in LinkedIn.
- The program entitles the user to special bonus resources. These resources will help you implement your learning long after the program is concluded.
Dr. Lori Madden
Curriculum Designer and Editor
About the Instructor
"I've taught adult students for a long time. What motivates me more than the success stories are learners with a burning desire to communicate in Spanish... right now, in their world. The secret to making this happen is taking practical short cuts and digesting bite-sized chunks. Every smile, nod, and successful verbal interaction with a Spanish-speaker in their lives feels like a 'win!'"
Dr. Lori Madden is a professor of foreign languages with a B.A. (Hood College), M.A. (University of Delaware) and Ph.D. (University of Florida) in Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Literature. She is on faculty at St. Petersburg College. Dr. Madden has resided in Spain, Brazil and Costa Rica. She has taught for many years educating adults in Spanish and Portuguese languages and Hispanic culture, in both academic and professional environments. She is owner of SLS Publications®, LLC.
What others have been saying about this course:
I love this course! The material covers a wide array of Spanish vocabulary for the novice. I thoroughly enjoyed the audio practice and how to speak effectively with co-workers in a housekeeping setting. I was a beginner Spanish speaker and I thoug...
Strategic and to the point
SLS Publications has produced a valuable resource for the busy hospitality industry manager. Neither over or underdone, this educational video course is an engaging gateway to bi-cultural understanding and cooperation.